Getting started with Rexx scripting
- The interpreter is the "engine" that executes scripts.
OS/2 and other IBM OSs all natively support Rexx.
For other OSs you'll need to get a
third party Rexx
- Development software:
- EDIT (MS-DOS), Notepad (Windows), E (OS/2), or any
other ASCII editor will do.
Like most scripts, a Rexx script is an ASCII text file with a
.cmd (OS/2) or .rex
(other OSs) extension.
Rexx on its own hardly has any OS related functionality,
so you may want to install
RexxUtil and W32Funcs
- Help files:
- Regina and (Open) Object Rexx come with their own documentation in HTML and/or PDF.
RexxInfo.org provides a long list of
- I compiled a list of books on Rexx scripting.
- Start by examining sample Rexx scripts
other Rexx related sites.
page last uploaded: 2018-12-20, 10:49