On this page I'll report on changes to my web site or related news items.
Don't expect a full-blown weblog, more like a list of highlights in shorthand.
For a file based list of changes look at the What's New list.
Due to, let's call it "health issues", I won't be able to spend much time on my site and on answering e-mails for a couple of months, so you may experience quite a delay in my responses.
I hope to be fully recovered by the end of 2020, and to be able to clear the backlog.
Until then: please be patient.
- the new command line switch
/R changes the return code: 1 for clicking the first button, 2 for the second, 3 for the third, 4 for expired timeout, -1 for errors, 0 for cancelling without Cancel button (though the latter was not possible on the system I tested it on)
- the help text now mentions the illogical behavior when using the timeout feature with Abort Retry Fail buttons
was updated: if
a Cancel button is used, cancelling will return errorlevel
2, whether by clicking the Cancel button, pressing the Esc key or Alt+F4; if no Cancel button is used, return code (errorlevel
) will be 0 even when cancelled (this is a limitation of .NET's MessageBox Class
has been updated: some false positives in its results were fixed.
, a script using Internet Explorer and Amazon's website to look up books by their ISBN or ASIN, has been updated:
- the URL for the search has been updated to match Amazon's current website
- if Internet Explorer is not active when the script is started, it will terminate all Internet Explorer processes when done
has been updated:
- the ArrayList used to "dedupe" the list of temporary folders, generated errors on some Windows 10 systems, so it was removed
- folders listed in the PATH variable are now also protected
has been updated:
- Subfolders of protected system folders can now be deleted (except subfolders in WINDOWS and "Program Files" directories)
- More system folders are protected against accidental deletion
- 3 new optional command line switches are introduced:
||List only (don't actually delete)
||Purge protected system folders without deleting the folder itself (except WINDOWS and "Program Files" directories)
||Quiet mode, limited screen output
• Recommended: Cyril Bois' online CyrilEx Regex Tester
Besides testing your regular expression on a string, it also visualizes the regular expression.
page last uploaded: 2020-12-23, 15:30